Tree Walk of Historic Leesburg

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Tree Walk brochure coverLeesburg was founded in 1758 when Nicholas Minor paid John Hough to survey and plat his land into 70 lots. The streets that Hough's plan laid out - including King, Market, North, and Cornwall - still exist today as the street grid of downtown Leesburg. 

These streets are now lined with a wide variety of mature native and exotic trees. The Leesburg Tree Commission has created a Tree Walk of Historic Leesburg, highlighting more than 20 of these trees in a 8-block section of downtown.