Coronavirus-Related Changes to Town Programs, Activities & Facilities
Last updated: Friday, May 22, 2020 | 5:00 p.m.
- Town Hall is open normal hours, with limited public access.
- Residents are encouraged to pay bills online rather coming into Town Hall.
- The 2nd and 3rd floors of Town Hall are closed to the public. Customers needing to do business with Public Works & Capital Projects, Plan Review, or Planning & Zoning should contact the appropriate department directly to make an appointment.
- The Zoning Division accepts permit applications by email. Visit the Permit Applications page for more information.
- If there are no public meetings, Town Hall closes at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Town Hall is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The following open public meetings are scheduled for May:
- May 12 at 7 p.m. - Town Council Meeting
- May 18 at 7 p.m. - Board of Architectural Review (BAR) Meeting
- May 26 at 7 p.m. - Town Council Meeting
- May 28 at 6 p.m. - Board of Architectural Review Special Meeting*
*The May 28 BAR Special Meeting was scheduled after the remote public participation process encountered some difficulties and members of the public were not able to provide their comments.
- All other meetings of the Town's adjudicatory bodies (Council, Planning Commission, Board of Architectural Review, and Board of Zoning Appeals) have been canceled for May.
- Meetings are broadcast on the Town’s local government access channels (FiOS Channel 35 and Xfinity Channel 67) and streamed live on the Town website (www.leesburgva.gov/webcasts). Members of the public are encouraged to watch remotely.
- Most advisory commission meetings have been canceled for May. Cancellations are noted on the Town website calendar.
Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Item Collection
- Yard waste collection began for the season on Monday, March 30. Yard waste is collected on Mondays town-wide. For size and quantity guidelines, visit our Yard Waste page.
- Bulk item collection will resume on Monday, May 18. Residents must submit requests for collection directly to Patriot Disposal, using our online form.
- Residents are asked to follow these guidelines regarding trash and recycling, to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
Parks and Recreation
- Ida Lee Park Recreation Center and Ida Lee Tennis Center are closed until further notice.
- All summer classes and programs are canceled.
- All summer day camps are canceled.
- A Room to Grow preschool classes are for the remainder of the academic year.
- All park and facility rentals are canceled until further notice.
- The Memorial Day Ceremony, Movies Under the Stars series, and 4th of July Celebration are canceled.
- The Acoustic on the Green concerts for June are canceled. We hope to begin the concert series on July 11, 2020.
- Town parks are open dawn to dusk. However, the following areas within parks are closed until further notice:
- All playgrounds
- Outdoor tennis courts at Ida Lee Park
- Ballfields at Robinson Park
- Soccer/lacrosse fields at Ida Lee Park
- Basketball courts at Greenway Park, Rotary Park, and Foxridge Park
- Eric Brown Skate Plaza at Catoctin Park
- Pavilions at Ida Lee Park, Foxridge Park, Tuscarora Park, Potomac Crossing Park, and Edwards Landing Park
- Dog Park at Olde Izaak Walton Park
- Freedom Park is closed in its entirety.
- Community Garden Plots are closed until further notice.
Thomas Balch Library
- Thomas Balch Library is closed until further notice.
- Reference services are available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (703-737-7195) and social media (www.facebook.com/ThomasBalchLibrary).
- All library programs, seminars, tours, and classes are canceled through June 30.
- All meeting room reservations have been canceled until further notice.
- The Police Department is open 24/7, however the lobby of the building is closed to the public. Anyone needing assistance should use the intercom by the front door.
- The drop box for Town payments is not available to the public. There is another drop box at Town Hall, at the corner of West Market and Wirt Streets.
- The Prescription Drug Drop Off program is suspended until further notice.
- Reservations for the Community Room are canceled until further notice.
- Pursuant to the Governor's order, enforcement of vehicle safety inspections expiring in March and April are suspended for 60 days beyond their respective dates of expiration.
- Kidsmart Safety Camp, Junior Police Camp, Virginia Rules Camp, and Camp Independence are canceled for 2020.
- Other changes to Police Department services are detailed in this news release: www.leesburgva.gov/Home/Components/News/News/8643/5730.
Other Town Services
- On April 14, the Town Council extended the payment due dates for certain business taxes by 90 days.
- Loudoun County has extended the deadline for personal property taxes to June 5. Since Leesburg residents now receive consolidated bills from the county for both town and county taxes, this deadline extension applies to town personal property taxes as well.
- Parking at the Town Hall Parking Garage, the Church Street lot, and all on-street meters is free until further notice. The two-hour limit at meters still applies.
- The Town's public surplus auction is suspended.
Other Public Events
- Leesburg's First Friday for May and June have been canceled.
- The joint Utilities and Public Works Open House scheduled for Saturday, May 9, has been canceled.