The Town of Leesburg Department of Engineering and Public Works permits non-governmental organizations to post environmental and watershed stewardship volunteer opportunities on the Town’s website. Organizations or groups interested in posting an event or opportunity to the website should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request consideration.
Requests will be reviewed by the Department of Public Works for relevance to the stormwater management program and/or water quality program within the Town, as well as to ensure that the opportunity cultivates and promotes the pollution prevention and environmental efforts of the Town of Leesburg.
Applicants should provide as much information regarding the proposed event or activity as possible, but at a minimum must include:
- Sponsoring organization's name, address, and contact information, including website and e-mail address, if applicable. Include similar information for co-sponsors, endorsements, etc.
- Event/activity date, beginning and end time
- For ongoing or long-term events, include the days of the week or month that event(s) will take place; starting time and ending time of each event, etc.
- Complete event and/or location name - street address, city, state/province and zip/postal code (if applicable).
- A description of the event including featured speakers or workshops, registration fees, meals, purpose of group, etc.
- Names and e-mail addresses or telephone numbers of people or offices to be contacted for further information.
- There is no fee to non-governmental organizations or groups to post opportunities or requests for volunteers on the Town of Leesburg’s website. The Town of Leesburg reserves the right to determine if an event or activity meets the criteria described above.
Requests may also be mailed or faxed to:
Town of Leesburg
Department Public Works
Attn: Stormwater Management Program
PO Box 88
Leesburg, Virginia 20178
NOTE: The Town does not endorse any organization or group listed and recommends citizens carefully screen the organization before agreeing to any volunteer or community service arrangement. Information is provided solely as a public service and does not constitute recommendation or approval of any organization or volunteer group listed herein.