News and Important Information
The Town of Leesburg’s Water Quality and Stormwater Management Program is a comprehensive program comprised of various elements and activities designed to reduce stormwater pollution and eliminate prohibited non-stormwater discharges through a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) municipal stormwater discharge permit
For water or sewer problems or service issues, contact the Utilities Department at 703-771-2750. For water and sewer billing and account information, contact the Finance Department at 703-771-2701. Public Works only handles issues related to STORMWATER.
We are actively working on programs to improve the quality of the water for the communities in and around Leesburg. The Town recognizes the importance of maintaining our precious water resources and serving as stewards of the natural environment.
Some of the initiatives include:
- Educating and informing the public about urban runoff pollution
- Encouraging public participation in community and clean-up events
- Working with industries and businesses to encourage pollution prevention
- Requiring construction activities to reduce erosion and pollution
- Requiring developing projects to include pollution controls that will continue to operate after construction is complete
We also work with our own internal departments and divisions to ensure that our maintenance and development projects are designed to reduce pollution.
Participation by the community is critical in preventing stormwater pollution and keeping our water resources clean and safe for animals, plants and humans alike. The Town of Leesburg seeks to educate the public on ways individuals and groups can contribute to this effort. Below is an introduction to some of the efforts initiated by the Town to promote and pursue the goal of stormwater pollution prevention.
For information on the program, community outreach and educational opportunities, please contact the Department of Public Works or call 703-771-2790.
- About Stormwater and the Stormwater Management Program
- Town of Leesburg Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program Plan (pdf)
- MS4 Permit Annual Reports
- Storm Drain Marking Program
- Non-Governmental Volunteer Opportunities
- Informational Publications, Links and Press Releases
- Illegal Discharge Information/Reporting