- The Town of Leesburg contracts with Patriot Disposal Services to provide curbside collection of trash, recycling, and yard waste for single family homes, townhomes, and some businesses within the Town’s corporate limits.
- Some residents with a “Leesburg” address may not be located within the Town’s corporate limits. You may contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 to verify whether an address is located within the Town’s corporate limits and is eligible for trash and recycling collection.
- Residents not within corporate limits should contact their HOA or Loudoun County Department of Waste Management at 703-777-0187 for information on approved haulers in Loudoun County.
Single family home, townhome and certain condo residents within the corporate limits of the Town of Leesburg receive curbside trash and recycling collection automatically. You do not need to request trash collection service or set up an account. You may contact the Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-771-2790 to verify that your address receives curbside collection.
If your house is new construction and you do not have trash and recycling Toters, please contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 to request Toters.
The Town has been divided into five collection areas for trash and recycling collection. Each collection area receives trash and recycling collection on the same day (see map below). The biggest change from the old collection areas is that Northeast Leesburg has been divided into two areas. Northeast Inside the Bypass includes the Carnaby Square, Carrvale, Cedar Walk, Exeter, Loudoun Hills, Lowenbach and adjacent neighborhoods. Northeast Outside the Bypass includes the Edwards Landing, Potomac Crossing, Potomac Station, River Pointe, and Sycamore Hills neighborhoods. In addition, Meadowbrook Farm has been added to the Southwest collection area. If you are not sure which area your house is in, you can look up your street name on our street index. Yard waste will be collected town-wide on Mondays (April through November) and bulk items will be collected weekly, by request only.
Yes. Each residence that receives curbside trash and recycling collection is issued a black trash Toter and a blue recycling Toter, with wheels and attached lids. Single family homes received 96-gallon Toters and townhomes received 64-gallon Toters.
If you are a new resident and your residence does not have Toters, please contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 to request new Toters.
The Toters have radio frequency ID (RFID) tags linked to the assigned address, so we should be able to track down any stray or missing Toters. If Toters do go missing or are damaged, we will either replace them or fix them. Please contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 or email@example.com to request replacements or repairs.
The deadline for requesting smaller Toters was Sunday, November 4, 2018. Requests received after that date will be placed on a list and exchanges will be made as supplies become available. Priority will be given to residents needing smaller Toters to accommodate a physical disability.
If you would like to request smaller Toters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your address, which Toters you would like to exchange (trash, recycling, or both), and what size you would like (64-gallon or 32-gallon).
Yes. If you live in a townhome or condo that receives curbside trash and recycling collection and would prefer a 96-gallon Toter, please contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 or email@example.com to request the larger Toters.
If the trash will fit in the Toter, even with the lid up, that is better than putting the trash on the ground next to the Toter. On those occasions when you have more trash than normal and it will not fit into the Toter, you can use an extra container or you can place it next to the Toter and it will be collected.
- Do not mix hazardous household waste, recycling or yard waste with your regular trash. These should be disposed of separately and as appropriate.
- Cardboard boxes and moving paper (no Styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap please) should be flattened or broken down as much as possible and placed at the curb for recycling pickup.
- Bulky/special items (furnishings, appliances, other household items not fitting in plastic garbage bags or cans) will not be collected on regular trash collection days, you must request a special pickup for such items. The Town does not consider bulky items that were not collected with your regular trash to be a “missed pickup” and will not send collectors back for such items.
- Cooking oil in gallon or more containers. Used cooking oil may be collected with regular trash; however, large containers should be avoided. When placed in the collection vehicle, large containers of liquids such as cooking oil will be crushed resulting in the potential for oil to spill out of the vehicle onto streets. Smaller, sealed containers are acceptable.
Please use our online form to report a missed trash, recycling or yard waste collection.
- Trash should be placed curbside after 4:00pm the day before pickup and before 4:00am the day of pickup. Residents placing trash out past this time may be missed during the pickup for their area. If your trash is missed due to late set out, the collector will not return to pick up this material.
- Trash containers shall be removed from the curbline within 12 hours of collection.
- Trash containers shall be stored behind the front line of the building. Cans may not be left on the curb, sidewalk or other public place.
The Town does not have trash drop-off locations; the drop-off recycling center in Town is for recycling only. Regular trash, yard waste and bulk items should not be left at these containers. The Loudoun County Landfill accepts household waste for a nominal fee. You may contact them at 703-771-5500 for more information and hours.
Contact Patriot Disposal to get rid of old trash can and recycling bins at 703-771-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org