The Town of Leesburg does not provide removal for any waste generated by home construction or remodeling services that are performed by contractors. Residents performing their own remodeling may dispose of three (3) 55-gallon bags of construction debris - maximum weight 50 lbs. per bag. Resident generated construction debris and waste must be called in to Patriot to schedule a bulk pickup. Construction debris includes, but is not limited to, the following materials:
- Drywall, green board, concrete backer board, etc.
- Concrete (includes cinder-blocks, broken slab pieces, decorative lawn pieces, bird baths, etc.)
- Large Wood Beams
- Fence Posts with or without Concrete Attached at Base
- Tile - ceramic, porcelain, glass, etc.
- Grout, joint compound, thin-set, mortar, concrete (mixed or dry)
- Stone products including granite, marble, quartz, etc. - regardless of size
- No wood will be collected
- Carpet and/or carpet padding
Before beginning a major home improvement project, please be sure to plan for the removal of such debris by making an arrangement with your contractor. Residents may also take items to the landfill. You will also need to make arrangements for removal of yard waste generated by landscape services, as the Town will not collect debris generated by contracted landscape services.
Please contact Patriot Disposal Services at 703.771.6677 if you have any questions.