The Town of Leesburg does not provide removal for any waste generated by home construction or remodeling services that are performed by contractors. In addition, residents performing their own remodeling may not dispose of certain items with regular refuse or bulk pickups. This includes, but is not limited to, the following materials:
- Drywall, green board, concrete backer board, etc.
- Concrete (includes cinder-blocks, broken slab pieces, decorative lawn pieces, bird baths, etc.)
- Large Wood Beams
- Fence Posts with Concrete Attached at Base
- Tile - ceramic, porcelain, glass, etc.
- Grout, joint compound, thin-set, mortar, concrete (mixed or dry)
- Stone products including granite, marble, quartz, etc. - regardless of size
- Counter-tops over 4-5' long
- Large amounts of wood from decks, sheds, or other large-scale renovations
Before beginning a major home improvement project, please be sure to plan for the removal of such debris by either making an arrangement with your contractor or making arrangements to take such items to the landfill yourself. You will also need to make arrangements for removal of yard waste generated by landscape services, as the Town will not collect debris generated by contracted landscape services.
Smaller items, such as a few pieces of lumber, cabinets, doors and sinks/toilets that have been removed by the homeowner may be eligible for bulk collection. Wood pieces must be no more than 5 feet in length and be free of nails or have nails hammered down so they do not protrude. CSI will collect a maximum of 12-15 pieces of wood per bulk pickup. Additional material would need to be scheduled for future pickups.
Please contact the Department of Public Works if you have any questions on acceptable items.