- The Town of Leesburg contracts with Patriot Disposal Services to provide curbside collection of trash, recycling, and yard waste for single family homes, townhomes, and some businesses within the Town’s corporate limits.
- Some residents with a “Leesburg” address may not be located within the Town’s corporate limits. You may contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 to verify whether an address is located within the Town’s corporate limits and is eligible for trash and recycling collection.
- Residents not within corporate limits should contact their HOA or Loudoun County Department of Waste Management at 703-777-0187 for information on approved haulers in Loudoun County.
The Town has been divided into five collection areas for trash and recycling collection. Each collection area receives trash and recycling collection on the same day (see map below). The biggest change from the old collection areas is that Northeast Leesburg has been divided into two areas. Northeast Inside the Bypass includes the Carnaby Square, Carrvale, Cedar Walk, Exeter, Loudoun Hills, Lowenbach and adjacent neighborhoods. Northeast Outside the Bypass includes the Edwards Landing, Potomac Crossing, Potomac Station, River Pointe, and Sycamore Hills neighborhoods. In addition, Meadowbrook Farm has been added to the Southwest collection area. If you are not sure which area your house is in, you can look up your street name on our street index. Yard waste will be collected town-wide on Mondays (April through November) and bulk items will be collected weekly, by request only.
Yes. Each residence that receives curbside trash and recycling collection is issued a black trash Toter and a blue recycling Toter, with wheels and attached lids. Single family homes received 96-gallon Toters and townhomes received 64-gallon Toters.
If you are a new resident and your residence does not have Toters, please contact the Public Works Department at 703-771-2790 to request new Toters.
Need information on what items can be included in your recycling Toter? Check out our What to Include in Your Recycling with photos and descriptions of items accepted!
The following items cannot be accepted with recycling collection:
- Tin foil, aluminum disposable baking pans
- Drinking glasses, glass mirrors, window glass
- Light Bulbs (Click here for information on CFL bulb disposal)
- Facial tissue, paper towels, napkins, etc.
- Cardboard Milk and Juice Cartons (these items have a wax lining on the cardboard)
- Pizza boxes with grease stains or food stuck to the cardboard
- Frozen food boxes with a wax interior (i.e., some frozen vegetable boxes)
- Styrofoam packing peanuts (Some Styrofoam "bricks" or solid pieces may have a recycling number and can be recycled)
- Aerosol cans
- Plastic containers from hazardous household waste (motor oil bottles, antifreeze bottles, pesticide spray bottles, etc.)
- Snack food bags and wrappers (from chips, granola bars, candy bars, etc.)
- Paper cups, plates and disposable silverware
- Ice cream and frozen juice containers
- Batteries of any kind (auto batteries can be recycled at the Loudoun County Landfill)
Please use our online form to report a missed trash, recycling or yard waste collection.
You can recycle newspapers, cardboard, paperboard, office paper, phone books, junk mail, magazines, glass bottles, jars, aluminum and steel food cans, and plastic containers at any time at the town’s drop-off center in the Shenandoah Square parking lot (950 Edwards Ferry Rd NE).
In addition, Loudoun County has several recycling centers located throughout the county. Please visit the Recycling Centers website for locations and materials accepted.
- Unfortunately, we do not have a permanent facility for this service; however, the Town does host two on-site shred events each year - spring and fall. The events are free to citizens (no businesses) and are usually held at a local high school. Please check the trash and recycling page in early spring and late summer for specific dates and times.