When: Saturday, October 26, 2019
from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Heritage High School, 520 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg, VA 20175
Every year,millions of Americans become victims of identity theft. Many don’t believe it could happen to them – until it’s too late. Identity theft costs citizens billions of dollars in recovery efforts and can seriously damage credit ratings and cause extreme financial and emotional hardship for its victims. Thieves may obtain sensitive information from trash cans, recycling containers and other public disposal locations.
In an effort to help reduce identity theft and to promote recycling, the Town of Leesburg’s Department of Public Works hosts FREE community document shredding events. During the shredding event, the Town is partnering with Loudoun Hunger Relief to collect non-perishable food items.
Visit www.loudounhunger.org for the most-needed food items. Donations are encouraged but not required for participation.
- Any sensitive information including junk mail and paperwork that includes account numbers, birth dates, passwords and PINS, signatures, social security numbers,etc. (Please recycle junk mail and magazines through your normal collection schedule.)
- Up to three storage file boxes/bags (32 gallons or less) per vehicle
- Specialty paper/material such as photos, carbon copy paper, blueprints, Tyvek envelopes, slides, negatives
- BINDERS of any type, clips, rubber bands, fasteners, and spiral notebooks
- CD's, floppy discs or DVD's
- Plastics, including credit cards
Please note: If all shredding vehicles are full before 1:00 PM, the event will be closed early! Paper will be shredded on-site in the vendor’s mobile shredding vehicle; should the truck reach capacity before the end of the event, paper may be taken off-site for secure shredding at the vendor’s facility.
The Town of Leesburg will not shred documents for businesses - even if documents are delivered by an employee who is a Town resident.