The Leesburg Police Department is seeking dedicated, professional men and women who want to make a difference in their community.
Those interested in a career with the department can select the following link for a listing of current employment opportunities:
You must use the Town's on-line application process.
Once received, your application will be placed in a pending status for future notification of testing.
Minimum qualifications for appointment are:
- United States Citizen
- 21 Years old at time of appointment
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess valid drivers license
- Be in good physical condition
Our process consists of:
- Physical Abilities Assessment (push-ups, pullups, sit-ups, 1.5 miles run)
- Written Exercise
- Panel Interview
- Psychological Evaluation
- Complete and thorough background investigation
- Pre-Employment Medical/Fitness for Duty evaluation
- Interview with the Chief of Police
Applicants will be screened during a preliminary background investigation. Individual situations will be evaluated on a case by case basis, however, a good driving record and a clean criminal history are considered essential. Candidates who have engaged in any activity that would support a felony conviction are unlikely to receive favorable consideration. Misdemeanor convictions for crimes relating to theft, domestic violence, or assault are likely to be disqualifying. Recent convictions for D.U.I., or D.W.I., or Reckless Driving, as well as multiple convictions for Speeding or other moving violations may also result in disqualification. Use of narcotics may result in disqualification.
For more Information:
Recruiting Hotline: 703-771-4561, or