Annual Leesburg Police Golf Tournament
Monday, October 28, 2019
8:30 a.m. check-in/breakfast / 10:00 a.m. tournament start
Raspberry Falls Golf & Hunt Club
All proceeds will benefit the Leesburg Police Explorer Program
For more information, download the Registration Form Volunteers welcome!
Interested in being a sponsor? Download the Sponsorship Form.
Interested in a Career in Law Enforcement?
Leesburg Police Department’s Explorer Post #1041 welcomes young adults who have an interest in learning police practices and sciences to assist them in a future career in law enforcement or similar field. The Explorer Post meets every other Wednesday at the Leesburg Public Safety Center. Members will have the opportunity to participate in special events and community activities, like National Night Out.
Areas of instruction include, but are not limited to:
- Criminal Investigations
- Court Room Testimony
- Crime Scene Processing
- Patrol Functions
- Police Technologies
- Crash Investigations
- Volunteering through Community Events
Explorer members are expected to be responsible and dedicated to the Leesburg Police Department and the community.
- Membership is open to any individual between the ages of 14 and 21 and enrolled in a high school, a college or any other school program;
- All Post members must maintain a 2.0 academic grade point average;
- Must have no felony convictions and not be currently on probation or parole;
- Be of good moral character, in good health, and emotionally stable;
- Have an interest in learning about law enforcement and in serving the community;
- Be able to pass a thorough applicant screening program;
- Be willing to make the required commitments.
No prospective member shall be disqualified because of race, color, creed, or sex. All members must be registered as Explorers and agree to the code and by-laws.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When are the meetings? Meetings are held every other Wednesday, at the Leesburg Public Safety Center (65 Plaza St NE).
- What equipment will I be required to purchase? BDU-style pants and boots. All other gear is provided.
- Is this a paid position? No, all Explorer training and event time is volunteered.
- How do I apply? Please complete both of these application forms, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
For more information, please contact Master Police Officer Paul Holzerland at 703-771-4500 or by email email@example.com.