NFL Flag Football leagues are offered in the spring and fall for ages 6-16. The spring season will run March - early June.
This is a recreation league that offers a competitive playoff system to determine a league champion. This league will offer players non-contact continuous football action, using minimal equipment. The game emphasizes basic football skills of passing, catching, defending, and running. The offensive team plays for a first down at midfield and a touchdown in the end zone with “no-running zones” at midfield and near each goal line. The defensive team covers receivers, rushes the passer, and grabs flags to make “tackles.” The season consists of a 7 game schedule. However, due to inclement weather, it may be reduced to 6 games.
Players attend an evaluation to determine skill levels and are selected on teams through a draft process. Player evaluations will be held February 23 & 24, with a make up option on March 2.
A player may not miss player evaluations for two consecutive playing seasons. If the player does not participate in the player evaluations for two consecutive seasons he/she is registered for, the player is ineligible to play and will withdraw from the league.
Practices will begin in mid March and games will start at the end of March. A coach will contact you by March 13 to let you know when practice starts. Practices are held on various weekday evenings throughout the week at either 5:00pm or 6:20pm, as well as, on a couple of Saturdays prior to the season beginning.
Upon registering, please visit www.idalee.org to fill out the NFL Flag Football player information forms. Carpool requests are not accepted. An email will provide more details once registration has ended.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COACHES!!
If interested in coaching your child’s team, please call the NFL Flag Football League Office for more details at 703-737-7158.
2019 Spring Flag Football Timeline
- Tuesday, January 15 – Early Bird Registration ends
- Tuesday, February 12 – House & Elite League Registration Ends
- Wednesday, February 20, 6:30pm – House League Coaches Meeting for ages 6-7, 8-9, 10-11
- Thursday, February 21, 6:30pm – House League Coaches Meeting for ages 12-13, and 14-16
- Wednesday, March 13, 6:30pm – Elite League Coaches Meeting, Ida Lee Recreation Center
House League Player Evaluations will be held in the gym at Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School located at 800 North King St, Leesburg.
HAVE PLAYERS WEAR BASKETBALL SHOES.
- Saturday, February 23
- 12:00pm: 6-7 years
- 1:15pm: 8-9 years
- 2:30pm: 10-11 years (Last names A-K)
- 3:30pm: 10-11 years (Last names L-Z)
- Sunday, February 24
- 1:00pm: 12-13 years (Last names A-K)
- 2:00pm: 12-13 years (Last names L-Z)
- 3:00pm: 14-16 years
- Saturday, March 2
- 8:30am: 6-7 make ups
- 9:15am: 8-9 make ups
- 10:00am: 10-11 make ups
- 10:45am: 12-13 make ups
- 11:30am: 14-16 make ups
Player Drafts at Ida Lee Recreation Center
- Friday, March 8
- 6:00pm: 6-7 years
- 7:15pm: 14-16 years
- Saturday, March 9
- 8:30am: 8-9 years
- 10:00am: 10-11 years
- 11:30am: 12-13 years
- Practice equipment ready for coaches to pick up at drafts.
- Wednesday, March 13 – Deadline for coaches to notify all players
- Saturday, March 16 – Practices begin
- Practice Fields:
- Robinson Park
- Ida Lee Park Practice Field
- Mulch Fields
2019 Ida Lee Flag Football Schedule
- 3/29 & 3/30 – Week 1
- 4/4, 4/5, & 4/6 – Week 2
- 4/11, 4/12, & 4/13 – Week 3
- 4/18, 4/19, & 4/20 – Spring Break (No games unless necessary)
- 4/25, 4/26, & 4/27– Week 4
- 5/2, 5/3, & 5/4 – Week 5
- 5/9, 5/10, & 5/11 – Week 6
- 5/16, 5/17, & 5/18 – Week 7
- 5/24 & 5/25 – Memorial Day Weekend (No games unless necessary)
- 5/30, 5/31, & 6/1 – First and Second round playoffs
- 6/6, 6/7, & 6/8 – Semis and Championship
Each team will play at least one Thursday night game.