NFL Flag Football spring leagues are offered ages 6-16. The spring season will run March - early June. Pre-season activities begin in February.
Players need to attend an evaluation to determine skill levels and are selected on teams through a draft process. Player evaluations will be held February 22, with a make up option on February 29.
A player must attend one evaluation session per calendar year. If a player does not meet this criteria, they will be ineligible and their registration will be forfeited.
Practices will begin in mid March and games will start at the end of March. A coach will contact you by March 11 to let you know when practice starts. Practices are held on various weekday evenings throughout the week at either 5:00pm or 6:20pm, as well as, on a couple of Saturdays prior to the season beginning.
Upon registering, please visit www.idalee.org to fill out the NFL Flag Football player information forms. Carpool requests are not accepted. An email will provide more details once registration has ended.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COACHES!!
If interested in coaching your child’s team, please call the NFL Flag Football League Office for more details at 703-737-7158.
2020 Spring Flag Football Timeline
- Wednesday, January 15 – Early Bird Registration ends
- Wednesday, February 5 – House & Elite League Registration Ends
- Wednesday, February 12, 6:30pm – House League Coaches Meeting
- Wednesday, February 26, 6:30pm – Elite League Coaches Meeting
House League Player Evaluations
Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School
800 N King St.
HAVE PLAYERS WEAR BASKETBALL SHOES
- Saturday, February 22
- 12:00pm: 6-7 years
- 1:00pm: 8-9 years
- 2:15pm: 10-11 years
- 3:30pm: 12-13 years (Last names A-K)
- 4:30pm: 12-13 years (Last names L-Z)
- 5:30pm: 14-16 years
- Saturday, February 29
- 8:30am: 6-7 make ups
- 9:15am: 8-9 make ups
- 10:00am: 10-11 make ups
- 10:45am: 12-13 make ups
- 11:30am: 14-16 make ups
Player Drafts at Ida Lee Recreation Center (COACHES ONLY TO ATTEND)
- Friday, March 6
- 6:00pm: 6-7 years
- 7:15pm: 14-16 years
- Saturday, March 7
- 8:30am: 8-9 years
- 10:00am: 10-11 years
- 11:30am: 12-13 years
- Practice equipment ready for coaches to pick up at drafts.
- Wednesday, March 11 – Deadline for coaches to notify all players
- Saturday, March 14 – Practices begin
- 1 Weekday Practice allowed per team (5pm or 6:20pm)
- 1 Saturday practice per week allowed during pre-season.
- Scrimmages are allowed, but take place of regular weekly practice.
- Practices must be held on Town approved fields ONLY.
- Practice Fields:
- Robinson Park
- Ida Lee Park Practice Field
- Mulch Fields
2020 Ida Lee Flag Football Schedule
- 3/26, 3/27, & 3/29 – Week 1
- 4/2, 4/3, & 4/4 – Week 2
- 4/9, 4/10, & 4/11 – Spring Break/Easter (No Games)
- 4/16, 4/17, & 4/18 – Week 3
- 4/23, 4/24, & 4/25– Week 4
- 4/30, 5/1, & 5/2 – Week 5
- 5/7, 5/8, & 5/9 – Week 6
- 5/15, 5/16, & 5/17 – Week 7
- 5/22 & 5/23 – Memorial Day Weekend (No games unless necessary)
- 5/28, 5/29, & 5/30 – First and Second round playoffs
- 6/4, 6/5, & 6/6 – Semis and Championship
Teams will play at least one Thursday night game.