Who can use a personal trainer at Ida Lee?
You do not have to be a member to use a Personal Trainer at Ida Lee. Personal training services can be used by members and non-members at Ida Lee Park and Recreation Center.
How can a Personal Trainer help me?
- Create an individualized exercise program
- Provide daily/weekly motivation
- Assist with fitness/health goal setting
- Guide with weight loss/gain/management plans
- Provide monthly workout tune-ups
- Provide Sport Specific training programs
- Manage post-rehab exercise programs
What are the policies and procedures regarding personal training?
- PAR-Q & Medical Clearance: The Par-Q form is required for all participants. Personal training staff reserve the right to require a medical clearance from any client they feel may be at risk.
- Scheduling Procedures: Once the Personal Training Request Form has been submitted, the Fitness Supervisor will match you with a personal trainer to best meet your individual needs. The personal trainer will contact the client to schedule an appointment. All services are scheduled by appointment only. ALL SCHEDULING ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE PERSONAL TRAINER AND THE CLIENT.
- Attire: Come prepared to each training session in proper workout attire and footwear. This includes loose, comfortable clothing and supportive sneakers.
- Payment Policy: Training session payments must be made in advance. A receipt will be issued upon payment at the front desk. This receipt must be presented to the personal trainer at the beginning of the session.
- Late Policy: Clients are responsible for arriving on time to their personal training sessions. Clients who arrive more than 15 minutes late will be charged for the session. In addition, the trainer may cancel the session. If the client does arrive late, the training session will not be extended and will finish at the scheduled time.
- Cancellation Policy: To cancel a training session, you must contact your trainer directly at least 24 hours before your scheduled session. Failure to cancel 24 hours before will result in you being charged for the session.
- Package Expiration/Refund Policy: Personal Training packages are valid for six months from the date of purchase. All packages are non-refundable/non-transferable.
How do I sign up for a personal trainer?
Just complete the personal trainer request form online or at the front desk. Once this form is submitted, a personal trainer will contact you to schedule your appointment. Personal Training Requests may now be submitted online.
Can I bring my own trainer to Ida Lee?
Instruction by independent trainers is not permitted at Ida Lee. All classes and instruction, including personal training, must be conducted through the Town of Leesburg Department of Parks and Recreation.
For additional information, please contact our Fitness Supervisor via email or at 703-737-2383.