Service and Needs Assessment - 2011
The purpose of the Parks and Recreation Service and Needs Analysis is to identify needs, satisfaction levels, and potential gaps with regard to facilities, programs, and services provided by the Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department. By doing so, the Department can act accordingly to strive to continue meeting its own high standards and the community's high standards for parks and recreation services.
Annual Report FY2019
The Annual Report highlights our accomplishments for Fiscal Year 2019 and demonstrates our goals and objectives for the near future.
Comprehensive 20-Year Master Plan
With the population nearly doubling between 1990 and 2000, the amount of open space available within the Town of Leesburg has greatly diminished, and there is a higher demand placed on the Town’s recreation facilities and availability of land for passive recreation. And the population is continuing to grow.
Because of the changing nature of Loudoun County and the Town of Leesburg, the decisions that the Town makes in upcoming years regarding growth, open space, and community character are critical. There has never been a greater need for a 20-year comprehensive parks, recreation, open space, trails, and greenways master plan. This plan, adopted in November 2002, is the first comprehensive parks and open space plan to be undertaken by the Town of Leesburg. It is the decisions that are being made now that will affect the character of the town, and its people, for generations to come.
Strategic Plan 2015-2019
Our Vision: To achieve excellence
Our Mission: The Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department provides exceptional programs, amenities, and services to meet the diverse recreational interests and enhance the quality of life for the Leesburg community.
- Creativity: We will explore unique and innovative approaches to meet challenges and create meaningful solutions and opportunities.
- Quality: We will provide superior services, programs, and well-maintained amenities.
- Integrity: We will exhibit honesty, dependability, and trust while maintaining professionalism.
- Teamwork: We will work as a team to achieve Town and Departmental goals through participation, communication, cooperation, loyalty, and support.
- Accountability: We will be responsive to our community’s needs while providing exceptional customer service.
Our Focus Areas
- Community Building: Enriching our community by fostering recreational opportunities that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Outreach: Engaging the public, providing useful information, and offering opportunities for input.
- Planning and Development: Creating a comprehensive and environmentally responsible park system while utilizing sustainable growth management planning.
- Maintenance Management: Initiating and administering sound maintenance practices to ensure safe, environmentally friendly, and aesthetically pleasing amenities.
- Business Management: Operating in an efficient manner while striving for fiscal self-sufficiency through sound business practices.
- Staff Development: Cultivating a work environment that develops, empowers, and recognizes staff.