Mission and Vision
The mission of the Human Resources Office is to recruit, develop and retain highly qualified individuals with a strong commitment to public service. We promote a healthy, safe, comfortable and collegial work environment for all employees. The Human Resources Office supports a number of initiatives in the Town's effort to be an employer of choice and through the Town's commitment to excellence in public service.
ServicesThe Human Resources Office administers comprehensive programs aiming to attract, motivate, and retain an efficient, diverse and productive workforce. Our services include:
- Advertising employment and volunteer opportunities
- Promoting a diversified workforce and advising managers, employees, applicants, and citizens on diversity;
- Providing training programs designed to meet the needs of the workforce by enhancing their knowledge, skills and abilities and preparing employees for future challenges and opportunities.
- Providing employee relations counseling to Town employees, supervisors, and managers to improve work relationships and the work environment;
- Developing human resources policies to meet the needs of the organization while ensuring legal compliance;
- Administering a total compensation program which attracts applicants, maintains internal equity, competes in the labor market and retains high performers;
- Developing and maintaining a human resource information system to provide managers with useful automated information and management reports; and
- Maintaining a high quality Human Resources staff to serve in a consultative role with Town departments, employees and citizens to meet the changing needs of the population and organization.