- About Business Licenses
- Tax Rates & Fees
- Apply for a New Business License
- Economic Development & Other Resources
Most businesses operating in the Town of Leesburg are required to have a business license. When receiving a new license, the business pays the license tax for that year, based on an estimate of the gross receipts the business expects to receive through the end of the year. When renewing the business license for the first time, the business will reconcile the gross receipts estimated on the initial license application with actual gross receipts for the previous year. For all subsequent business license renewals, the business will pay the license tax due based on the previous year's gross receipts.
- Complete the initial application form.
All business license renewals are due by May 1.
Businesses that started in the Town of Leesburg after January 1, 2017:
- Complete the business license renewal form
Business that started in the Town of Leesburg prior to January 1, 2017:
- You will receive a notice to access our Customer Portal to file and pay.
- Business licenses are valid for one calendar year (Jan 1- Dec 31) .
- Annual renewals are due by May 1st each year.
- Businesses filing renewals after May 1st are assessed a 10% penalty of tax due.
- Renewals received after June 1st incur interest at a rate of 10% per annum.
- For more information about the various payment options available, please visit our Payment Options page.
The Leesburg New Business One Stop provides links to a comprehensive range of resources for new and established businesses.
To obtain Business License account and tax information or for questions, send a detailed e-mail to email@example.com. Email responses will be sent within 48 hours of the inquiry.