Proposed FY 2020-2021 and FY 2020-2025 Capital Improvements Program
On Tuesday, February 12, 2019, Town Manager Kaj Dentler presented the proposed FY 2020-2021 Budget and FY 2020-2025 Capital Improvements Program.
Over the next six weeks, the Council will hold a series of work sessions and public hearings on the budget and the real estate tax rate. All of these meetings will take place in the Council Chamber on the second floor of Town Hall and begin at 7:00 p.m. Members of the public are encouraged to attend. The meetings will be broadcast on the Town's local government access cable TV channel (Xfinity Channel 67 and FiOS Channel 35) and streamed live on the Town website (www.leesburgva.gov/webcasts).
Budget Review Schedule
- February 25 - Budget Work Session
- March 11 - Budget Work Session
- March 12 - Budget Public Hearing
- March 25 - Budget Work Session
- March 25 - Real Estate Tax Rate Public Hearing; Budget and Tax Rate Adoption
- Proposed FY 2020-2021 Budget and FY 2020-2025 Capital Improvements Program
- FY 2020 Budget Detail Report
- Town Manager's Budget Presentation
- FY 2020 Fiscal Sustainability Plan
As Council Members submit questions to staff regarding the proposed budget, weekly updates will be posted with those questions and the answers. Member of the public can submit their own questions to staff via our online Ask a Budget Question form.
Town Council Question and Answer Packets
Adopted FY 2019 Budget and FY 2018-2023 Capital Improvements Program
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, the Leesburg Town Council adopted the FY 2019 Budget and FY 2018-2023 Capital Improvements Program. At the same meeting, the Council set the real estate tax rate for the 2018 tax year at 18.4¢ per $100 of assessed value. The FY 2019 Budget Year begins on July 1, 2018 and will run through June 30, 2019.
Past Fiscal Year Budgets
Past-year budget documents are available here.