Jump to: Project Updates
Morven Park Road Sidewalk project information from Fiscal Year 2020 Budget (Project No. 14301)
Construction Start Date: Fall 2020
Estimated Completion Date: Fall 2021
Project Manager: Anne Geiger 703-771-2742
Project Description: This project consists of constructing missing segments of sidewalk along the west side of Morven Park Road to provide a continuous pedestrian access route between West Market Street and Old Waterford Road. The project will also improve drainage and provide a uniform roadway section by completing the curb and gutter on both sides of the street and extending the storm drain system.
Neighborhood Meeting & Resident Questionnaire:
On January 29, 2014 a meeting was held to update Morven Park Road area residents on the project. Below are links to information provided during the meeting. During the meeting, a questionnaire was provided to obtain input on the design. A summary of the questionnaire responses showed:
- Sidewalk Location - Over 85% of the respondents supported a sidewalk on the west side and only the west side of Morven Park Road. The remaining responses were split between wanting sidewalks on both sides, preferring the sidewalk on the east side, or having no preference to the location.
- Curb and Gutter - Over 70% of the respondents supported curb and gutter on both sides of Morven Park Road to eliminate the roadside ditches. About 15% of the responses indicated a preference for curb and gutter only on the west side, and about 15% preferred no curb and gutter.
- On Street Parking - Over 84% of the responses supported no on-street parking in the areas of the new curb and gutter.
- Acceleration of the Project - Less than 30% of the responses supported reducing the scope of the project by eliminating the curb and gutter in order to accelerate the construction.
- Design Engineer - Whitman Requardt and Associates, LLP
As of September 6, 2019 - Design is underway.