Leesburg Executive Airport at Godfrey Field: JYO
Elevation: 389 ft / 11.86 m
Latitude: 39-04-40.70000 N
Longitude: 077-33-27.0000 W
SFRA Notice to Pilots: JYO is located within the boundaries of the Washington DC Metropolitan “Special Flight Rules Area” (SFRA), formerly known as the ADIZ. IFR flights are handled in a normal fashion. VFR procedures specific to JYO are available, but compliance with the current SFRA NOTAM is mandatory.
Leesburg Maneuvering Area: VFR procedures for the Leesburg Maneuvering Area (pdf).
Pattern Altitude: 1199 MSL
Runway 17 and 35
Dimensions: 5,500 ft X 100 ft
Capacity: 70,000 lbs dual wheel
Flight Aids: ILS, Localizer, ODALS, REIL, PAPI, Beacon, Segmented Circle, Windcone, and Pilot-controlled Lighting
Weather: 125.225, (703) 777-3781
- CTAF / UNICOM: 122.975
- Tower (When Active): 127.5
- Ground Control (When Active): 120.5
- AWOS-3 Weather: 125.225
- Potomac Approach & Departure: 126.1
- Clearance Delivery: 118.55 and 135.075
ARTCC: Washington Center
Flight Service Station: Leesburg, 1-866-225-7410
FBO: ProJet Aviation, 703-889-8558 or 128.95
U.S. Customs Landing Rights Airport: 703-661-2800 option 2 (24-hour advanced reservation is required). Please contact ProJet Aviation FBO for international handling services and fees.
- Birds and deer on and in vicinity of airport
- Noise sensitive area north of airport. Runway 17 is the calm wind runway.
- Helicopter activity on and in vicinity of airport
- When JYO Tower active, signal light gun located on Terminal