Show/Hide

Due to a network upgrade, the Customer Self-Service Portal, online bill payments, credit card processing, and recreation class registration will be unavailable on Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Tree Walk of Historic Leesburg

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Tree Walk brochure coverLeesburg was founded in 1758 when Nicholas Minor paid John Hough to survey and plat his land into 70 lots. The streets that Hough's plan laid out - including King, Market, North, and Cornwall - still exist today as the street grid of downtown Leesburg. 

These streets are now lined with a wide variety of mature native and exotic trees. The Leesburg Tree Commission has created a Tree Walk of Historic Leesburg, highlighting more than 20 of these trees in a 8-block section of downtown.