The Thomas Balch Library Commission advises the Library Director on collection development and library policies. The Commission helps publicize the Thomas Balch Library and work with the Friends of the Thomas Balch Library to promote and support library programs and collections. The Commission sponsors the annual Loudoun History Awards, which are presented each November, and an Excellence in Historical Research at the Loudoun County Public Schools' annual Social Science Fair.
|James H. Hershman, Jr., Chair||2022|
|Kristen C. Umstattd, Board of Supervisors Rep||TERM|
Ron Campbell, Council Liason
Group Email Address: BalchLibraryCommission@leesburgva.gov
Staff Liaison: Library Director Alexandra S. Gressitt accepts correspondence on behalf of the Commission.
2019 Meeting Packets
Additional Thomas Balch Library Commission documents, including approved meeting minutes, are available for download here . For previous years' meeting packets and minutes, contact the Staff Liaison.
- TBL Commission Packet - 10.10.2019
- TBL Commission Packet for 09.11.2019
- TBL Commission 08-19 - NO MEETING
- TBL Commission Packet for 07.10.19
- TBL Commission Packet - 06.12.2019
- TBL Commission Packet - 05.08.2019
- TBL Commission Packet for 04.10.2019
- TBL Commission Packet for 03.19.2019
- TBL Commission Packet for 02.19.2019
- TBL Commission Packet for 01.09.2019