The Thomas Balch Library Commission advises the Library Director on collection development and library policies. The Commission helps publicize the Thomas Balch Library and work with the Friends of the Thomas Balch Library to promote and support library programs and collections. The Commission sponsors the annual Loudoun History Awards, which are presented each November, and an Excellence in Historical Research at the Loudoun County Public Schools' annual Social Science Fair.
|James H. Hershman, Jr., Chair||2018|
|Kristen C. Umstattd, Board of Supervisors Rep||TERM|
Ron Campbell, Council Liason
Group Email Address: BalchLibraryCommission@leesburgva.gov
Staff Liaison: Library Director Alexandra S. Gressitt accepts correspondence on behalf of the Commission.
Additional Thomas Balch Library Commission documents, including approved meeting minutes, are available for download here. For previous years' meeting packets and minutes, contact the Staff Liaison.
- TBLAC Meeting Packet December 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet October 2018
- TBALC Meeting Packet September
- TBLAC Meeting - August 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet July 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet June 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet March 2018
- TBLAC meeting packet - May 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet April 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet February 2018
- TBLAC Meeting Packet - January 2018