- Residential Collection Schedule
- Residential Collection Map
- Curbside Commercial Collection Schedule
- Holiday Collection Schedule
- Yard Waste Collection
- Bulk Item Collection - All bulk collection items need to be scheduled by calling Patriot at 703-771-6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for Automatic Email/Text Notifications
Trash & Recycling Guidelines During the COVID-19 Crisis
You can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following these guidelines during this crisis:
- Try to limit the amount of trash and yard waste each week, in order to not overwhelm the collection system. Yes, we know everyone is at home and creating lots of trash, but please try to be mindful of the waste you create.
- Bag all trash inside the Toter. Don't place loose trash in the Toter.
- Do not put additional trash next to the Toters. If trash does not fit in the Toter, hold it back for the next collection.
- Rinse and drain bottles and cans before placing them loose in the Recycling Toters.
- Disinfect Toter handles and lids before and after each collection.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Residential Trash and Recycling Collection Schedule
|Trash & Recycling|
|Tuesday||Northeast, Inside the Bypass|
|Wednesday||Northeast, Outside the Bypass|
|Thursday||Southwest, plus Meadowbrook|
Southeast, except Meadowbrook
|Mondays (April - November)||Town-wide|
|Bulk Items (by request only)|
Requests must be called into Patriot Disposal at 703-771-6677 to be scheduled. For more information, visit our Bulk Item Pickup page.
Per the Town Code, trash and recycling containers must be placed at the curb before 4:00 a.m. the day of pickup, but no earlier than 4:00 p.m. the day before pickup, and must be removed from the curb line within 12 hours of trash or recycling collection.
Residential Collection Map
If you are not certain which area your house is in, look up your street name on the Trash Collection Area Street Index.
Curbside commercial customers receive trash and recycling collection on the following schedule:
- Trash: Six days a week, Monday through Saturday
- Recycling: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Trash cannot be put out for collection before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday for Monday collection
- Trash and recycling cannot be put out for collection before 9:00 p.m. on Friday for Saturday collection
Register for Automatic Email/Text Notifications
Get automatic email or text notifications of changes to trash & recycling collection schedules through our Public Works News & Alerts by clicking on the subscribe image at right. You may unsubscribe at any time. Thank you!