Due to concerns over the novel Coronavirus, the use of the Community Room by the public is suspended until further notice.
As a service to Town of Leesburg residents, the Leesburg Police Department community room is available to not-for-profit groups/organizations for meetings held weekday evenings after 5:00 PM, and on weekends. No fee is charged to users for use of the room. The following equipment is available for use: tables, chairs, a projector screen, dry erase boards.
The room is available for reservations by submitting a request form.
Scheduling and Cancellation Guidelines
In order to accommodate as many groups/organizations as possible, the following scheduling guidelines have been put in place for use of the community room:
- No group or organization will be allowed to reserve the community room in advance for more than 6 functions during any 6-month period.
- No reservations for use of the community room more than 6-months in advance will be allowed.
- Individuals reserving the room shall advise the police department of any cancellation in a timely manner, in order to make the room available to others.
- Individuals reserving the room must complete and sign a Leesburg Police Department Community Room Reservation Form, LPD Form #134, before any reservation is finalized.
- The Town of Leesburg Police Department reserves the right to cancel reservations due to unforeseeable circumstances that require the use of the room by the Town of Leesburg or the Leesburg Police Department.
- The Town of Leesburg reserves the right to cancel reservations of groups deemed not to have complied with the community room regulations.
Community Room Regulations
- The maximum number of persons allowed In the community room is 50. Please keep
In mind that although the room holds up to 50 persons, the parking at the police department is limited. An approximate number of parking spaces generally available in front of the building and along the building’s access road is 20. Ride-sharing or drop-off and pick-up arrangements must be utilized by large groups.
- No food or beverages are allow allowed in the community room.
- All users of the community room are expected to conduct themselves and to maintain the room in an orderly manner. Any group or individual that does not comply may not be granted future use of the community room. The individual scheduling the reservation will be held responsible for any damages.
- No individual, group or organization will be allowed to charge a fee for profit to any event participant.
- The AV equipment (projector, main screen, ceiling mounted speakers, etc.) is only for use by PD or Town of Leesburg staff. The public may use the retractable screen that is in the ceiling of the bump out on the north side of the room with their own laptop computer and projector.
- The tables and chairs are to be returned to the places they were found (rows of tables and chairs facing the front of the room).
You may contact the Leesburg Police Department at 703-771-4500 Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm to inquire about room availability or to obtain additional information regarding use of the community room.
The Town of Leesburg Police Department reserves the right to cancel reservations of groups deemed not to have complied with the scheduling guidelines or regulations listed above.