The Leesburg Business Awards will be held on Wednesday, May 8, 2019, from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm,
at ChefScape, 1602 Village Market Boulevard SE #120, Leesburg, VA 20175.
For more information, please contact Melanie Scoggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to RSVP by May 3rd!
The categories for the 2019 Leesburg Business Awards are:
Community Ambassador Award
This award celebrates a business or organization that contributes its time, talent and resources to promote a positive image of Leesburg. Candidates go beyond the daily routine of their work to reach deeper into the Leesburg community to assist others, locate or grow a business, bring attention and recognition to the community as a business location or tourist destination.
Helpful criteria might include:
- Documentation of a specific event or marketing program that brings more people to Leesburg to shop, dine or be entertained.
- A proven business model that attracts volumes of business clients, vendors or other guests to Leesburg in their course of doing business.
- Exhibition of humanitarian efforts or environmental awareness, illustrated through events, unique programs or financial contributions.
This award recognizes a thriving business or organization that has made a long term commitment to preserving the integrity and character of Leesburg. Entries in this category may include building design and construction consistent with local historic architecture or business whose practices or programs augment the authenticity of Leesburg. Helpful criteria might include:
- Documentation of a restoration project that brings new life to a historic building.
- The positive and lasting value a business or event in Leesburg has had on the community and holds the promise to transcend decades.
This award was created to celebrate a business or organization that has brought recognition to Leesburg through innovative business ventures, unique product or service development or other cutting edge business practices. Entries are recognized for originality and invention. Helpful criteria might include:
- Specific relevance of the innovation. Has it solved a problem? If so, what and how.
- Documented outstanding design or implementation of a plan, program, product, service or an event.
New Business Award
This award celebrates a new business or organization registered as a new business in Leesburg between January 1, 2017, and December 31, 2018, that is respectful of Leesburg’s past and represents the best of the Town’s future.
Helpful criteria might include:
- Demonstration of capacity for business longevity in the Leesburg business community.
- Has demonstrated business or community leadership.
Public Arts Award
This award celebrates a business, organization or individual that contributes to the development of the Town’s public art program or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg. Candidates in this category are artists, events or programs that promote Leesburg as a hub of arts and culture. Helpful criteria might include:
- Documentation of increased awareness of the arts in Leesburg as promoted by this business, organization or individual.
- Leadership and creativity illustrated in programs that boosted the arts in Leesburg.
Veterans Affairs Award
This award celebrates an individual, business or organization that supports all U.S. veterans through the practice of exceptional citizenship and leadership. Helpful criteria might include:
- Demonstrated practice of exceptional leadership to engage veterans in employment or events for community betterment.
- Illustration of business practices or programs that resulted in a significant increase in visibility for veterans of any or all conflicts.
The George C. Marshall Award
This award celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions. Entries in this category are awarded to community leaders who have demonstrated leadership, vision and community service that our esteemed George C. Marshall would have admired. Individuals are not required to be Leesburg residents but must be connected to a Leesburg business or organization. Helpful criteria might include:
- The legacy of the contribution: the passion, drive, team building ability of the individual as it relates to sustainable economic development in the Town of Leesburg.
- How will this individual be remembered in future years?