Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2018 to the present. Older news releases can be found on the Town's Laserfiche repository.
Nighttime Milling and Paving Work Scheduled to Begin on Sunday, June 7, 2020
Work will take place from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., Sunday to Thursday nights, through Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
Leesburg, VA (May 30, 2020) – As part of the Town of Leesburg’s annual street surfacing program, the following road segments are scheduled for nighttime milling and paving work beginning on Sunday, June 7, 2020. These roads have high traffic volumes during the day. Nighttime work will be less disruptive to the public and safer for the workers.
- Route 15 Bypass, southbound lanes from Fort Evans Road to Route 7 bridge
- Battlefield Parkway, westbound lanes from Tavistock to Beauregard Drive
- Battlefield Parkway, eastbound lanes from Tavistock Drive to Kincaid Boulevard
- Battlefield Parkway, eastbound lanes from Bypass to Smartts Lane
- Battlefield Parkway, eastbound lanes from Sycolin Road to Beauregard Drive
Work hours will be from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, through Tuesday, June 30, 2020. The schedule above is subject to inclement weather delays. Milling and paving must be done under dry conditions. Any changes to the above schedule will be advertised via notices to the Town’s website (www.leesburgva.gov), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LeesburgVirginia), and Twitter account (www.twitter.com/TownofLeesburg).
Assistant Public Information Officer