Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2018 to the present. Older news releases can be found on the Town's Laserfiche repository.
Leesburg Changes Town Hall Operations, Remains Open for Business
Residents encouraged to conduct business online as much as possible.
Leesburg, VA (March 25, 2020) – Beginning Thursday, March 26, 2020, public access to the Leesburg Town Hall will be limited to the first floor, except during public meetings.
Under the new operation procedures:
- The receptionist desk in the lobby is closed. Signs will direct visitors to the Finance Counter and the Town Manager’s Office.
- Access to the upper and lower levels of the building is restricted to staff only.
- The Finance Counter will be open normal hours to accept Town payments.
- Land development plans and permit applications can be dropped off at the Town Manager’s Office. Plan Review and Planning & Zoning staff will be available to answer questions, but the 2nd floor plan intake counter is closed to the public.
- The Town Manager’s Office will accept and date-stamp bid documents.
During public meetings in either the 2nd floor Council Chamber or the lower level conference rooms, the public will have access to those rooms, but staff will enforce social distancing protocols. Members of the public are encouraged to watch public meetings on the Town’s local government access cable channels (Verizon FiOS 35 and Comcast Xfinity 67) or the Town website (www.leesburgva.gov/webcasts).
“We are striving to maintain normal operations as much as possible, while still protecting both our staff and the public from undue risk of exposure to the coronavirus,” explained Kaj Dentler, Leesburg’s Town Manager. “We appreciate everyone’s cooperation as we work together during this difficult time.”
Public Information Officer