Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2018 to the present. Older news releases can be found on the Town's Laserfiche repository.
Leesburg Closes Town Playgrounds, Tennis Courts, Ballfields, Basketball Courts, Skate Plaza, Pavilions, and Dog Park
Town parks remain open dawn to dusk.
Leesburg, VA (March 21, 2020) – Due to the evolving coronavirus crisis, effective Sunday, March 22, 2020, the following areas within Town parks are closed until further notice:
- All playgrounds
- Outdoor tennis courts at Ida Lee Park
- Ballfields at Robinson Park
- Soccer/lacrosse fields at Ida Lee Park
- Basketball courts at Greenway Park, Rotary Park, and Foxridge Park
- Eric Brown Skate Plaza at Catoctin Park
- Pavilions at Ida Lee Park, Foxridge Park, Tuscarora Park, Potomac Crossing Park, and Edwards Landing Park
- Dog Park at Olde Izaak Walton Park
Freedom Park will be closed in its entirety.
For a complete list of Town facility closures, visit www.leesburgva.gov/closures.
Public Information Officer