Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2017 to the present. Older news releases can be found here.
Nighttime Milling and Paving Work Scheduled to Begin on Sunday, March 24, 2019
Work will take place from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday to Thursday nights, through Thursday, May 2, 2019.
Leesburg, VA (March 18, 2019) – As part of the Town of Leesburg’s annual street surfacing program, the following road segments are scheduled for nighttime milling and paving work beginning on Sunday, March 24, 2019. These roads have high traffic volumes during the day. Nighttime work will be less disruptive to the public and safer for the workers.
- Potomac Station Drive, from Battlefield Parkway to Saddleback Place
- Fort Evans Road, westbound lanes from Vista Ridge Drive to Battlefield Parkway
- Battlefield Parkway NE, southbound lanes from Tennessee Drive to Artillery Drive
- Battlefield Parkway NE, westbound lanes from Smartts Lane to Route 15 Bypass
- Battlefield Parkway NE, westbound lanes from Route 15 Bypass to Plaza Street
- Battlefield Parkway SE, westbound lanes from Beauregard Drive to Sycolin Road
- South King Street, from Catoctin Circle to Clubhouse Drive
Work hours will be from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly, Sunday through Thursday. During milling and paving operations, crews will close one lane of the street at a time, so motorists should expect delays and follow flagger directions. In addition, no on-street parking will be allowed during the scheduled milling and paving operations.
The schedule above is subject to inclement weather delays. Milling and paving must be done under dry conditions. Any changes to the above schedule will be advertised via notices to the Town’s website (www.leesburgva.gov), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LeesburgVirginia), and Twitter account (www.twitter.com/TownofLeesburg). For more information, please contact Brian Lloyd, Inspectors Supervisor, at 703-771-2782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Information Officer