Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2018 to the present. Older news releases can be found here.
Annual Sanitary Sewer Cleaning Scheduled for Overnight November 4 through November 15, 2018
Work will take place from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. Drivers should expect lane closures during these times.
Leesburg, VA (November 1, 2018) – The Town of Leesburg’s Utilities Department will be conducting its annual sanitary sewer cleaning in downtown Leesburg and other areas prone to grease build up, beginning at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 4, 2018. The cleaning removes grease and other debris from sanitary sewer lines to prevent backups.
In order to access the sanitary sewer lines, Utilities Department crews will close one lane of roadway to traffic. Flaggers will direct traffic around the lane closures. Drivers should exercise caution and follow flagger directions. Affected areas include:
- Downtown, including Market, Loudoun, Ayr, Liberty, Wirt, King, and Church Streets
- South Street, from Church Street to Harrison Street
- Harrison Street, from South Street to Depot Court
- Industrial Court SE
- Catoctin Circle SE, from East Market Street to Parker Court
- East Market Street, from Loudoun Street to Fort Evans Road
- Fort Evans Road SE
- Plaza Street NE, from East Market Street to the Leesburg Police Department
Sanitary sewer cleaning will be done from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. Work is expected to be completed by 5:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Any questions about the sanitary sewer cleaning may be directed to Lesley McClaughry at 703-737-7075.
Public Information Officer