Town of Leesburg news releases are automatically archived after 90 days. The website archive includes news releases from 2017 to the present. Older news releases can be found here.
New Sculptures by Local Artists In Raflo Park Unveiled
Five ArtsPARKs sculptures will be on display until June 2020.
Leesburg, VA (August 7, 2018) – On Saturday, August 4, members of the Leesburg Commission on Public Arts and the Friends of Leesburg Public Arts (FOLPA) joined Mayor Kelly Burk for the official unveiling of the five new sculptures, all the work of local artists, on the ArtsPARKs sculpture trail in Raflo Park.
“Leesburg has come a long way with public art in the last few years,” Mayor Burk noted. “I am delighted to see this second round of sculptures here in Raflo Park, and look forward to seeing new works like the Stanley Caulkins bench and the King Street bridge mural in downtown. To the members of the public art commission and FOLPA, I say thank you and keeping doing what you’re doing.”
Clockwise from top left: In the Brew, Cryptos II, Phoenix, Pollinator, and Rural Landscape.
The five new sculptures, the artists, and sponsors are:
- In The Brew, by Peter Wood and sponsored by Middleburg Bank, a division of Access National Bank.
- Cryptos II, by Brian Kirk and sponsored by Middleburg Bank, a division of Access National Bank.
- Phoenix, by Peter Wood and sponsored by Middleburg Bank, a division of Access National Bank.
- Pollinator, by Michael Clay and sponsored by the Rotary Club of Leesburg.
- Rural Landscape, by Brian Kirk and sponsored by Larkin Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors.
The new sculptures, which range from the abstract to the whimsical, will be on display until June 2020. The sculptures are for sale, with the proceeds benefiting public art projects in Leesburg. For more information, visit the FOLPA website at www.leesburgpublicarts.org.
Public Information Officer