For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLOA-2020-0001 Doggie Daycare and Catteries Public Hearing
- Date: -
- Location: Town Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
The public hearing was closed and discussion was continued to the July 2, 2020 meeting
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO CONSIDER AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ZONING ORDINANCE
SECTIONS 6, 9, AND 18 TO ESTABLISH USE STANDARDS AND DEFINITION FOR DOGGIE DAY CARE, AND TO AMEND THE USE STANDARDS AND DEFINITION FOR CATTERY (TLOA-2020-0001)
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the LEESBURG PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing on tHURSDAY, JUNE 18, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176 to consider the following amendments to the Zoning Ordinance:
- Amending Section 6.3.2 Use Regulations, to allow Doggie Day Care as a use permitted by-right or by special exception in the B-1 Community (Downtown) Business District.
- Amending Section 6.4.2 Use Regulations, to allow Doggie Day Care as a use permitted by-right or by special exception in the B-2 (Established Corridor Commercial) District.
- Amending Section 6.5.2 Use Regulations, to allow Doggie Day Care as a use permitted by-right or by special exception in the B-3 (Community Retail/Commercial) District.
- Amending Section 6.6.2 Use Regulations, to allow Doggie Day Care as a use permitted by-right or by special exception in the B-4 (Mixed-Use Business) District.
- Amending Section 6.1.2 Use Regulations, to allow Cattery and Doggie Day Care as a use permitted by-right or by special exception in the O-1 (General Office) District.
- Amending Section 9.2 Use Table, to add Doggie Day Care
- Amending Section 184.108.40.206 Cattery, to amend/establish use standards.
- Establishing Section 220.127.116.11 Doggie Day Care which establishes use standards.
- Amending Section 9.3.16 Neighborhood Retail Convenience Center, to add Cattery as a permitted use
- Establishing Section 9.3.16.A.5, to permit Doggie Day Care by special exception
- Amending Section 18.104.22.168 Cattery, amending the definition for Cattery.
- Creating Section 22.214.171.124 Doggie Day Care, establishing a definition for Doggie Day Care.
Copies and additional information regarding these proposed Zoning Ordinance amendments (TLOA-2020-0001) are available at the Department of Planning and Zoning located on the second floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by calling 703-771-2766 and asking for Michael Watkins, Zoning Administrator. This zoning ordinance amendment application is identified as case number TLOA-2020-0001.
At this hearing all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations should contact the Clerk of the Commission at (703) 771-2434 three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.