For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLZM-2019-0003 and TLSE-2019-0005-0008 Shops at Compass Creek Public Hearing
- Date: 12/19/2019 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER REZONING APPLICATION TLZM-2019-0003, SHOPS AT COMPASS CREEK, and TLSE-2019-0005, RESTAURANT WITH DRIVE-IN (Building F), TLSE-2019-0006, RESTAURANT WITH DRIVE-IN (Building G), TLSE-2019-0007, RESTAURANT WITH DRIVE-IN (Building H), TLSE-2019-0008, RESTAURANT WITH DRIVE-IN (Building J)
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the Leesburg Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176, to consider the Shops at Compass Creek project that includes the following applications:
- Rezoning Application TLZM-2019-0003, Shops at Compass Creek, a request to rezone 4.6 acres from I-1 (Industrial/Research Park District) to B-3 (Community Retail/Commercial District) to allow four (4) eating establishments with drive-in facilities up to a cumulative 10,500 square feet.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2019-0005, Restaurant with Drive-in, Building F, an eating establishment with drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2019-0006, Restaurant with Drive-in, Building G, an eating establishment with drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2019-0007, Restaurant with Drive-in, Building H, an eating establishment with drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2019-0008, Restaurant with Drive-in, Building J, an eating establishment with drive-in facility.
The applicant is also requesting the following modifications:
- Alternate screening requirements of the buffer-yard adjacent to the Leesburg Executive Airport to comply with FAA requirements.
- Reduction of the number of required stacking spaces associated with special exception application TLSE-2019-0007, Restaurant with Drive-in, Building H.
- Reduction of the required side-yard setback
The 4.6 acre property is located adjacent to Compass Creek Parkway approximately 825 feet south of the intersection of Battlefield Parkway and Compass Creek Parkway, and is further identified by Loudoun County Parcel Identification Number (PIN), 234-48-8819. The Town Plan designates the subject property as “Regional Office” on the Planned Land Use Policy Map. The recommended density, expressed as a Floor Area Ratio (FAR), in Regional Office is 0.35 to 1.0. The applicant is proposing a 0.05 FAR.
Additional information and copies of this rezoning application are available at the Department of Planning and Zoning located on the second floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by contacting Michael Watkins, Zoning Administrator, at 703-737-7920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations at the meeting should contact the Clerk of the Commission at (703) 771-2434 three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.