For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLZM-2018-0003, TLSE-2018-0003, TLSE-2018-0004, TLSE-2018-0006, and TLSE-2018-0012 Russell Branch Retail
- Date: -
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
The public hearing was closed on May 16, 2019 and discussion was continued to the June 6, 2019 meeting.
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER REZONING APPLICATION TLZM-2018-0003, RUSSELL BRANCH RETAIL AND SPECIAL EXCEPTION APPLICATIONS TLSE-2018-0003, SERVICE STATION (“Building 3”) , TLSE-2018-0004 VEHICLE SERVICE (“Building 4”), TLSE-2018-0006 CAR WASH (“Building 3”), and TLSE-2018-0012 CAR WASH #2 (“Building 5”).
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the Leesburg Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176 to consider the Russell Branch Retail project that includes the following applications:
- Rezoning Application TLZM-2018-0003, a request to amend the Concept Development Plan and proffers for the subject property to allow development of a 66,830 square foot retail center.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2018-0003, Service Station in Building 3 and Special Exception Application TLSE-2018-0006, Car Wash in Building 3 - to permit a combined service station/convenience store/car wash building up to 6,120 square feet (s.f.) in size with a maximum of 8 pumps with a total of 16 fueling stations.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2018-0004, Vehicle Service Facility in Building 4 - to permit up to a 7,550 s.f. vehicle service facility with up to 12 bays.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0012, Car Wash in Building 5 - to permit up to a 6,000 s.f. full service car wash facility and accompanying 5,000 square foot outdoor covered area.
The subject property consists of two parcels at the southeast corner of Route 7 and Battlefield Parkway totaling 25.06 acres. The property is further described as Loudoun County Parcel Identification Numbers (PINs): 149-46-0836 and 149-45-7383 at 1390 Russell Branch Parkway SE. The parcels are zoned B-3, Community Retail/Commercial. The Town Plan designates this property as “Regional Office” per the Land Use Policy Map with an option for a higher ratio of retail uses as per Optional Use and Design criteria #21 which applies to the subject property. Per this optional criteria, retail and other non-residential uses that serve the community and are compatible with the auto-oriented nature of the Lowe’s store and Town maintenance facilities are encouraged.
The purpose of the rezoning application and four special exception applications is to allow development of a 66,830 square foot retail center with a grocery store, retail uses, a service station (gas station); vehicle service facility, a self-service carwash, and a full service carwash. The maximum allowable nonresidential density expressed as Floor Area Ratio (FAR) is 1.0 and the proposed density is 0.06 FAR.
The application includes a request for three (3) Zoning Ordinance modifications as follows:
- Section 12.8.3, Buffer Yard Requirements. A modification of TLZO Section 12.8.3 is requested to eliminate the required buffer yards between commercial uses, pursuant to TLZO Section 12.8.5.E given that the center will be developed as a unified shopping center.
- Section 9.3.24.F. Canopy Height. A modification of TLZO Section 9.3.24.F is requested to permit a maximum canopy height of 23 feet, 9 inches to allow a gabled canopy for the fuel pumps.
- Section 11.9. Number of Off-Street Loading Spaces Required. A modification to TLZO section 11.9 is requested to modify the number and type of loading spaces provided with the proposed development.
Additional information and copies of this application are available at the Department of Planning and Zoning located on the second floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by contacting Richard Klusek, Senior Planner, at 703-771-2758 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations at the Planning Commission meeting should contact the Clerk to the Commission at (703) 771-2434 three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.
Run 5/2 & 5/9