For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLOA-2019-0003 Crescent Design District Modifications
- Date: -
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
The Public Hearing was held and closed on March 21, 2019. Discussion was continued to a work session on April 18, 2019
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO CONSIDER AMENDMENTS TO ZONING ORDINANCE
SECTION 7.10 (CRESCENT DESIGN DISTRICT) TO INCREASE AVAILABLE MODIFICATIONS IN THE DISTRICT
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the LEESBURG PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing on THURSDAY, March 21, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 W. Market Street, Leesburg VA 20176 to consider the following:
Amendments to various subsections of Zoning Ordinance Section 7.10 Crescent Design (CD) District to permit additional modifications to allow for development and redevelopment of land consistent with principles of traditional urban design in accordance with the guidelines provided in the Crescent District Element of the Town Plan. Proposed modifications include, but are not limited to:
- Increase the number of building stories (but no increase in maximum building height);
- Building setbacks adjacent to residential uses and property lines;
- Percentage of building frontage on the required Build-to Line;
- Permit utilization of B-1 parking standards and tandem parking;
- Street access requirements;
- Allow uses to be added to the use list of a district;
- Specify that Town Council shall have authority to decide on all modification requests as part of a rezoning or special exception; and
- Limit the availability of these proposed modifications to legislative applications.
Copies and additional information regarding these proposed Zoning Ordinance amendments are available at the Department of Planning & Zoning located on the 2nd floor of Leesburg Town Hall, 25 W. Market Street, Leesburg VA 20176 during normal business hours (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or by contacting Brian Boucher, Deputy Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at 703-771-2774. This zoning ordinance amendment application is identified as case number TLOA-2019-0003.
At this hearing all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations should contact the Clerk of the Commission at (703) 771-2434, three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.