For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLOA-2017-0002 Minor Special Exception Text Amendment Public Hearing
- Date: 10/18/2018 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO CONSIDER AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ZONING ORDINANCE
SECTION 3.1 GENERAL AND 3.4 SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS ESTABLISHING MINOR SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS AND REVISING SECTION 3.4.15 AMENDMENTS TO APPROVED SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS AND AMENDING ARTICLE 5 RESIDENTIAL ZONING DISTRICTS, ARTICLE 6 NON-RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS AND SECTION 9.2 USE TABLE ESTABLISHING SPECIFIC USES AS MINOR SPECIAL EXCEPTION USES
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the LEESBURG PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing on THURSDAY, October 18, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176 to consider the following amendments to the Zoning Ordinance:
- Amending Sections 3.1 General and 3.4 Special Exceptions establishing ‘Minor Special Exception’ as a new application type with related submission and review procedures;
- Amending Section 3.4.15 Amendments to Approved Special Exceptions clarifying and revising performance standards pertaining to such applications;
- Amending Article 5 Residential Zoning Districts establishing specific uses as Minor Special Exception uses in the R-E, R-1, R-2, R-4, R-6, R-HD, R-8, R-16 and R-22 Districts;
- Amending Article 6 Non-Residential Districts establishing specific uses as Minor Special Exception uses in the O-1, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4 and I-1 Districts; and,
- Amending Section 9.2 Use Table to reflect Minor Special Exception uses in the corresponding zoning districts within the table
Copies and additional information regarding these proposed Zoning Ordinance amendments are available at the Department of Planning and Zoning located on the second floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by calling 703-771-2765 and asking for Christopher Murphy, Senior Planning Project Manager. This zoning ordinance amendment application is identified as case number TLOA-2017-0002.
At this hearing all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations should contact the Clerk to the Commission at (703) 771-2434, three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.