For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
Continued TLOA-2017-0004 Downtown Parking Regulations
- Date: -
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
The Public Haring was closed on July 5, 2018 and discussion was continued to a work session to be held on July 19, 2018
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO CONSIDER AMENDMENTS TO ZONING ORDINANCE
ARTICLE 11 (PARKING, LOADING AND PEDESTRIAN ACCESS) REGARDING PARKING REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL AND NONRESIDENTIAL USES IN THE H-1 OVERLAY, OLD AND HISTORIC DISTRICT AND B-1 COMMUNITY (DOWNTOWN) DISTRICT
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the LEESBURG PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing on THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 W. Market Street, Leesburg VA 20176 to consider the following amendments to the Zoning Ordinance to address proffers for a proposed rezoning with a residential component:
- Section 11.3 Parking, Loading and Pedestrian Access to reduce the number of parking spaces required for multifamily units in the B-1 District.
- Section 11.3 Parking, Loading and Pedestrian Access to create a single parking ratio for all nonresidential units in the B-1 District.
- Section 11.4.1 Off Site Parking to increase the walking distances for residential and non-residential uses in the H-1 Overlay District from 300 and 500 feet respectively to 1000 feet for all uses.
- Section 11.4.4 Modified Requirements in the Downtown H-1 Overlay District to eliminate parking requirements for conversion or use of a building for nonresidential purposes anywhere in the B-1 District.
- Section 11.4.3 Payments in-Lieu to increase the Payment in-Lieu option for residential uses to include entire H-1 District with a parking study requirement and Director of Planning approval.
- Section 11.4.4 Modified Requirements in the Downtown H-1 Overlay District to clarify that new development in the B-1 District that eliminates existing parking requires replacement of those spaces through a shared parking agreement or by Payment in-Lieu.
Copies and additional information regarding these proposed Zoning Ordinance amendments are available at the Department of Planning & Zoning located on the 2nd floor of Leesburg Town Hall, 25 W. Market Street, Leesburg VA 20176 during normal business hours (Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or by contacting Brian Boucher, Deputy Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at 703-771-2774. This zoning ordinance amendment application is identified as case number TLOA-2017-0004.
At this hearing all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations should contact the Clerk of the Commission at (703) 771-2434, three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.