For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLZM-2015-0006, TLSE-2015-0004, TLSE-2015-0006-0010 Meadowbrook Commercial Public Hearing
- Date: 04/05/2018 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER REZONING APPLICATION TLZM-2015-0006, MEADOWBROOK COMMERCIAL (FORMERLY LEESBURG SOUTH) AND SPECIAL EXCEPTION APPLICATIONS TLSE-2015-0004, SERVICE STATION (“Building A-1”) , TLSE-2015-0006 EATING ESTABLISHMENT WITH DRIVE-IN (“Building E”), TLSE-2015-0007 EATING ESTABLISHMENT WITH DRIVE-IN, (“Building F”), TLSE-2015-0008 EATING ESTABLISHMENT WITH DRIVE-IN, (“Building I”), TLSE-2015-0009 CAR WASH (“Building A-2) AND TLSE-2015-0010 RETAIL CENTER OVER 100,000 SQUARE FEET
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the Leesburg Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176 to consider the Meadowbrook Commercial project (formerly known as Leesburg South) that includes the following applications:
- Rezoning Application TLZM-2015-0006, a request to rezone from R-1 (Single Family Residential Estate District) to B-3 (Community Retail/Commercial District).
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0004, Service Station Building A-1 to permit up to a 5,200 square foot (s.f.) convenience store and a maximum of 8 pumps with a total of 16 fueling stations.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0006, Eating Establishment with Drive-in Building E to permit up to a 5,400 s.f. fast food restaurant with a drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0007, Eating Establishment with Drive-in Building F to permit up to a 4,300 s.f. fast food restaurant with a drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0008, Eating Establishment with Drive-in Building I to permit up to a 2,500 s.f. fast food restaurant with a drive-in facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0009, Car Wash Building A-2 to permit up to a 1,500 s.f. car wash facility.
- Special Exception Application TLSE-2015-0010, Retail Center Greater than 100,000 square feet
The subject property consists of vacant land at the southeast corner of Evergreen Mills Road and South King Street. The site consists of eight (8) parcels totaling approximately 23.56 acres. The property is further described as Loudoun County Parcel Identification Numbers (PINs): 272-10-4379, 272-10-5189, 272-10-8158, 272-10-6609, 272-10-7319, 272-10-8129, 272-10-8839, 272-10-9649 on parcels that have no assigned addresses to date. The parcels are zoned R-1, Single Family Residential Estate District. The Town Plan designates this property as “Low Density Residential with an option for a Community Commercial Center as shown on the Land Use Policy Map. The Town Plan recommends a maximum of 250,000 square feet for an integrated mixed use development containing retail and office uses.
The purpose of the rezoning application and the seven special exception applications is to allow development of a 199,950 square foot community commercial shopping center with a potential grocery store; retail and office uses; eating establishments including three (3) drive-in facilities; one service station; and one car wash facility. The maximum allowable nonresidential density expressed as Floor Area Ratio (FAR) is 0.24 and the proposed density is 0.19 FAR.
The application includes a request for five (5) Zoning Ordinance modifications as follows:
- TLZO Section 12.4.4 to permit planting of the required street trees onsite near Evergreen Mills Road and South King Street rather than within the public right-of-way or 15 feet of the sidewalk in order to avoid conflicts with existing overhead power lines.
- TLZO Section 12.8.6.D.3 to allow an alternative buffer along the eastern edge of the property adjacent to the proposed service station and car wash.
- TLZO Section 12.8.6.D.3 to allow an alternative buffer along the eastern edge of the property adjacent to the stormwater management pond.
- TLZO Section 11.9, to reduce the number of required off-street loading spaces from 5 to 3 for the proposed grocery store building, and from 2 to 1 for proposed retail buildings H, K, I, and L.
- TLZO Section 9.3.24.E.3 to reduce the requirement that the service station and drive aisles that serve it be located at least 100 feet from an “R” (i.e., residential) zoning district.
Additional information and copies of these applications are available at the Department of Planning and Zoning located on the second floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia 20176 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by contacting Brian Boucher, Deputy Director, at 703-771-2774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations at the Planning Commission meeting should contact the Clerk of the Commission at (703) 771-2434 three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.