For additional information regarding the Planning Commission, including meeting minutes and agenda materials, please visit the Planning Commission's webpage here.
At these hearings, all persons desiring to express their views concerning these matters will be heard. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting, please contact Karen Cicalese at (703) 771-2434 or email@example.com. Three day advanced notice is requested. Assisted Listening System devices are available at the meetings.
TLOA-2018-0001 SLDR Amendments Public Hearing
- Date: 03/15/2018 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
25 W Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20176
TOWN OF LEESBURG
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TO CONSIDER AMENDMENTS TO THE
Subdivision and Land Development Regulations DIVISIONs 3, 4 and 6
Pursuant to Sections 15.2-1427, 15.2-2204, 15.2-2205 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, the LEESBURG PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing on THURSDAY MARCH 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers in Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176 to consider revisions to the Subdivision and Land Development Regulations (SLDR). These amendments include the following changes:
1. Amend SLDR Section 4.02(f) Streets to transfer the authority to approve street names within the Town of Leesburg corporate limits from the Planning Commission to Loudoun County and the Town’s Director of Plan Review.
2. Amend SLDR Section 6.04(a) Bonding of Required Improvements to update State Code References.
3. Amend SLDR Sections 6.04(d) and 6.04(e) Bonding of Required Improvements to transfer the authority to approve all performance agreements for public improvements from the Town Council to the Town Manager regardless of bond amount.
4. Amend SLDR Sections 6.07(a) and 6.07(b) Extensions and Reduction of Performance Bonds to transfer the authority to approve all extensions and reductions of performance agreements for public improvements from the Town Council to the Town Manager.
5. Amend SLDR Sections 6.08 Establishment of a Maintenance Agreement to transfer the authority for the establishment of maintenance agreements for all public improvements from the Town Council to the Town Manager.
6. Amend SLDR Sections 6.09(a) and 6.09(b) Acceptance of Improvements and Release of Performance Agreement to transfer the authority for the acceptance of public improvements and release of associated performance agreements from the Town Council to the Town Manager.
7. Amend SLDR Section 6.10(f) Required Approvals of Final Site Plan, Minor Site Plan, Mini Site Plan, Site Plan Waiver, Town Capital Improvement Plan and Final Plat(s) to update related SLDR Code References.
8. Amend SLDR Sections 3.11(e) Filing of Final Site Plan to transfer the authority to approve all performance agreements for public improvements from the Town Council to the Town Manager.
Copies and additional information regarding these proposed amendments to the SLDR may be examined at the Department of Plan Review, located on the 2nd floor of the Leesburg Town Hall, 25 West Market Street, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), or by viewing these amended documents on our web site at http://www.leesburgva.gov/government/departments/plan-review or by calling Christine Favereaux at (703) 771-2772. This SLDR amendment is identified as case number TLOA-2018-0001.
At this hearing, all persons desiring to express their views concerning this matter will be heard. Persons requiring special accommodations at this Planning Commission meeting should contact the Planning and Zoning Assistant at (703) 771-2434 three days in advance of the meeting. For TTY/TDD service, use the Virginia Relay Center by dialing 711.