Emergencies come in many shapes and sizes - snow storms, fires, floods, power outages, chemical and hazardous material spills, traffic-related emergencies, and terrorist attacks. Even special events like presidential campaign visits can create emergency conditions. The Town of Leesburg has developed comprehensive "all hazard" emergency operations plans and encourages all residents to make similar preparations for emergencies. The links below a plan to Other helpful links can be found below:
- Town of Leesburg Emergency Preparation Guide March 2012 (PDF)
- Northern Virginia's Emergency Preparedness Guide (PDF)
- Evacuation Map (PDF). The Town has developed a plan to evacuate Leesburg's residents, workers and visitors in times of emergency. This map indicates directional based evacuation routes.
- Virginia Fusion Center's "Reporting Suspicious Activity in Virginia" pamphlet (PDF)
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Active Shooters...What Can You Do? A Presentation for the Public