The Town of Leesburg is home to Loudoun County's only HUBZone!
The U.S. Small Business Administration's Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Program helps small businesses gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. The shaded area on the map below is the Leesburg HUBZone - the only HUBZone in Loudoun County.
To qualify for the HUBZone program, a business must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a small business by SBA standards
- It must be owned and controlled at least 51% by U.S. citizens
- Its principal office must be located in a designated HUBZone
- At least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone
Benefits of the HUBZone Program include:
- Competitive and sole source contracting
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions, as well as subcontracting opportunities.
For more information about the SBA's HUBZone Program, including how to apply for certification, please visit the program website. You can also view an informative power point presentation by Anna Urman, Director, VA PTAP from our June 23, 2014 Leesburg HUBZone Business Partners Meeting.
Interested in Locating Your Business in the Leesburg HUBZone?
If you are interested in locating your business in Leesburg's HUBZone, please contact Doug Parsons, Leesburg's Business Development Manager, for information about available properties. Meantime view our presentation about the Leesburg HUBZone along with our resource list.
Leesburg Economic Development Office
202 Church St SE
Leesburg, VA 20175