The Leesburg Dog Park is a fenced off-leash area located within Olde Izaak Walton Park. Water is available and there are benches inside and outside the fenced area. The Dog Park is open from dawn to dusk, seven days a week.
The Town is considering an expansion to the Dog Park, specifically for smaller dogs. More information.
Dog Park Rules:
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk. Neither the Town of Leesburg, nor the Department of Parks and Recreation, or their authorized representatives, shall be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the park. Use of this facility is at the sole responsibility of the user.
- The dog park is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them. No other animal species, or other uses, are permitted.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated and shall wear a visible dog license.
- Dogs under 4 months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited. It is strongly recommended that dogs using this facility be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be on-leash when entering and exiting the dog park. Please ensure that gates are fully closed before taking dogs off leash. Dogs must be off-leash when inside the dog park (except for emergencies) and on-leash when outside the dog park fence.
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times. Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Dog grooming in the park is prohibited.
- Children 8 years and under are not allowed in the dog park. Children ages 9-15 must be accompanied by a handler. Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times. Each handler is limited to a maximum of two dogs.
- Handlers must immediately “scoop the poop” and deposit in designated containers.
- Handlers must fill any holes dug by dogs under their control.
- Smoking, food, and drinks in glass containers are prohibited; training treats should be limited.
- Dogs must be removed from the dog park at the first sign of aggression.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by dogs they have brought into the dog park.
- Professional training of dogs without written permission from the Department of Parks and Recreation is prohibited.
- Failure to abide by dog park rules may result in the violator being barred from the facility and/ or criminal charges as specified in the Town Code.
Call 703-777-1368 to report illegal or suspicious activity.