NFL Flag Football leagues are offered in the spring and fall for ages 6-16. The spring season will run March-mid June.
This is a competitive league with a playoff system to determine a league champion. This league will offer players non-contact continuous football action, using minimal equipment. The game emphasizes basic football skills of passing, catching, defending, and running. The offensive team plays for a first down at midfield and a touchdown in the end zone with “no-running zones” at midfield and near each goal line. The defensive team covers receivers, rushes the passer, and grabs flags to make “tackles.”
Players attend an evaluation to determine skill levels and are selected on teams through a draft process. Player evaluation days are February 24 and February 25. Make up is March 3.
A player may not miss player evaluations for two consecutive playing seasons. If the player does not participate in the player evaluations for two consecutive seasons he/she is registered for, the player is ineligible to play and will withdraw from the league.
Practices will begin in late March and games will start in April. A coach will contact you by March 16 to let you know when practice starts. Practices are held on various weekday evenings throughout the week at either 5:00pm or 6:20pm.
Upon registering, please visit www.idalee.org to fill out the NFL Flag Football player information forms. Carpool requests are not accepted. An email will provide more details once registration has ended.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COACHES!!
If interested in coaching your child’s team, please call the NFL Flag Football League Manager for more details at 703-777-1368.
2018 Spring Flag Football Timeline
- Tuesday, January 16 – Early Bird Registration ends
- Tuesday, February 13 – House League Registration Ends
- Wednesday, February 21, 6:30pm – House League Coaches Meeting for ages 6-7, 8-9, 10-11
- Thursday, February 22, 6:30pm – House League Coaches Meeting for ages 12-13, and 14-16
- Thursday, March 1 – Elite League registration ends
- Wednesday, March 14, 6:30pm – Elite League Coaches Meeting, Ida Lee Recreation Center
House League Player Evaluations @ Ida Lee Practice Field (OUTDOORS: See map)
PLEASE HAVE PLAYERS WEAR CLEATS
- Saturday, February 24
- 12:00pm: 6-7 years
- 1:15pm: 8-9 years
- 2:30pm: 10-11 years (Last names A-K)
- 3:30pm: 10-11 years (Last names L-Z)
- Sunday, February 25
- 1:00pm: 12-13 years (Last names A-K)
- 2:00pm: 12-13 years (Last names L-Z)
- 3:00pm- 14-16 years
- Saturday, March 3
- 10:00am: 6-7 make ups
- 11:00am: 8-9 make ups
- 12:00pm: 10-11 make ups
- 1:00pm: 12-13 make ups
- 2:00pm: 14-16 make ups
Player Drafts at Ida Lee Recreation Center
- Friday, March 9
- 6:00pm: 14-16 years
- Saturday, March 10
- 8:30am: 6-7 years
- 9:45am: 8-9 years
- 11:15am: 10-11 years
- 1:00pm: 12-13 years
- Wednesday, March 14 – Practice equipment ready for coaches to pick up.
- Friday, March 16 – Deadline for coaches to notify all players
- Monday, March 19 – Practices begin
- Practice Fields:
- Robinson Park (Both fields)
- Ida Lee Park Field #2
- Mulch Fields
2018 Ida Lee Flag Football Schedule
- 4/6 & 4/7 – Game 1
- 4/13 & 4/14 – Game 2
- 4/20 & 4/21 – Game 3
- 4/27 & 4/28 – Game 4
- 5/4 & 5/5 – Game 5
- 5/11 & 5/12 – Game 6
- 5/18 & 5/19 – Game 7
- 5/25 & 5/26 – Memorial Day Weekend (no games)
- 6/1 & 6/2 – First and Second round playoffs
- 6/8 & 6/9 – Semis and Championship
Each team will play at least one Thursday night game.